The remedy? Remove old makeup.
|this is clearly just the top of how much I threw out...|
WHAT IF MAKEUP EXPIRES???
I did some research and found out that IT DOES!! Holy crap, it does. More than we want to know, it does! I'm telling ya the skinny today on the facts about expired makeup! Some products will have a jar symbol with a numeral code, that's the number of months till they expire, but others you'll just never know unless you sharpie your buy date on them. And once air hits that now exposed makeup, ingredients start to oxidize and degrade. They expire. AND build bacteria up in the meantime. Ew!
WHEN TO TOSS YOUR MAKEUP!!
1. Powder (eye shadows, bronzes, blushes, etc) - 2 years
2. Cream shadows/blushes - 12-18months
3. Liquid foundation - 6months
4. Oil-free foundation - 1 year
5. Cream compact foundation - 18months
6. Concealers - 12-18months
7. Lipstick/lip liner - 1-2years
8. Lip gloss - 18-24months
9. Pencil eyeliner - 2 years
10. Cream eyeliners - 6months
11. Liquid or gel eyeliner - 3months
12. Mascara - 3months
Remember how I said I've had some eyeshadows for 15years?? Wow. And yes, sometimes I used that smelly lipstick because I knew I couldn't find it again. And had mascara way beyond 3 months! The better idea, is to toss it, and HAVE A REASON to makeup shop for more!! Now, isn't that the better plan??
QUESTIONS TO THE READER:
1. Were YOU aware makeup expired?
2. What do you think is your oldest makeup?
Thank you to everyone who came by to read from me this week!! If you missed it, Monday I discussed a new earring fade, and Wednesday I exposed an amazing workout with tons of health benefits.