Please welcome C. Lee McKenzie - guest posting all this week! She's got a clever cure for Making the Most of Mondays!
You've had a wonderful weekend. You were with friends or family and relaxing, maybe planning the holiday get-togethers. Then whammo! It's Monday. Just the thought of dragging your bones from the bed and off to work is making you think about spending money on Lottery Tickets! With millions you could retire! But the fact is your chances of winning those millions before the alarm stops ringing are nil.
Up you go, but for help with that transition from a horizontal to a vertical Monday, read on.
1. Have something fun planned with your family or friends for Wednesday.
2. Write something sweet to yourself Sunday night and put it where you'll find it first thing Monday morning. "Dear Me. You are amazing. Today's going to be the best day for you."
3. Save a huge treat for yourself to have later that day. Plan to buy a new something or other. Schedule a Monday massage in the late afternoon. Save the last chapter of that thriller for Monday at lunch. Choose a quick dinner--leftovers, take-out, or better yet, out-out. Let the restaurant do the dishes on Monday night. You can look forward to that from the minute you wake up.
4. Do a quick routine that refreshes you once you're out of bed: a stretch routine, meditation, warm bath or shower, freshly brewed tea or coffee or freshly squeezed juice or smoothie.
5. Have something you love the taste of set aside just for Monday morning--that chocolate donut that's not good for you, but you can enjoy once in a while or the spinach omelet with your favorite cheese. Don't cut back on Monday mornings.
|C. Lee McKenzie|
When she really wants to have fun, she writes middle grade books. Alligators Overhead was her first published book for readers age 8-12, and the sequel, The Great Time Lock Disaster, is now out.