Monday, November 9, 2015

Procrastination Tip



Here's a tip I've learned from last minute, way too far behind, desperation.

You've had all day to wash your hair, but you didn't. Now a friend wants you to meet her at the mall and maybe grab dinner. You have four options:

1. Wash and blow dry leaving your friend waiting so long she regrets ever calling you.
2. Go greasy. (Gross.)
3. Go wet. (You can bet it will dry either fuzzy or flat...enjoy.)
4. Dry shampoo.

That's right- dry shampoo. It's not just for Fido. They make it for humans too.

You can pick up a can at Walmart. Or any drug store or online store, but if you're anything like me, you're going to be in Walmart fifteen times this week trying to remember all the things you forgot to get the first time you went there.

A bottle of dry shampoo is as cheap as a bottle of real shampoo, but it takes an eighth of the time.

And no, I'm not suggesting you stop bathing, but if you're like me, my hair is dry and curly. If I wash my hair daily, it strips the natural oils and before you know it, I'm looking like Roseanne Rosannadanna.

You do remember Roseanne Rosannadanna, right? If not...



She's hilarious. The hair? Not so much.

Thick, course hair is actually more manageable on the unwashed days. If you're planning an updo or want a head of manageable curls...don't wash it. Now, nobody wants to be stinky. That's where the dry shampoo comes in handy to absorb the oils and smells.

Here's how it works:

*Brush hair, but  don't over brush. Just get the tangles out.
*Spray hair toward the root without spraying directly on the scalp. If you get the spray too close, you'll get powder puddles.
*Allow to dry completely. Maybe spray hair first, then do make-up while it dries.
*Bend over. Finger comb and fluff the freshly unwashed hair.
*Avoid brushing. Brushing moves the oils from the scalp, down the strands making it look limp and greasy.
*Style and you're ready to go! Now, hurry...you're probably running late!

**Additional note! Be certain to get a spray shampoo that matches your hair color. Not only does it look more natural, but it will help hide those overgrown roots. Now, that's a bonus!!

Enjoy your Monday. Skip the shower. Take a hot bath when you get home.




7 comments:

  1. I tried dry shampoo for hospital visits. Didn't like it one bit. To me it's so easy to wash my hair when I shower. Doesn't take any time at all but then I have a very simple style these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it would work for short hair. Long hair gets much dryer. And it would never work for some people, like my husband. He's got much oilier skin- on the upside, he doesn't have to worry about wrinkling as much as I do.

      Delete
  2. my hairdresser keeps telling me to try to dry shampoo and I just don't see it happening... maybe maybe I will, especially after reading your awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read on one website that the lady could go three weeks without washing, and honestly, I think that's gross. But it's great for extending the wash to like the third day.

      Delete
  3. I love that stuff! My curls get dry and frizzy like yours if I over wash. If I could wear hats every day I would!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never worn hats. I think my head is too big. But they look so cute on other people. :(

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by the House!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...