Friday, January 29, 2016

If I only had a bigger cup...

HAPPY FRIDAY, Y'ALL! I figure since I'm already late getting this post out to you guys today you at least deserve my biggest possible Alabama welcome.  BTW - "y'all" is pronounced with at least 3 syllables or you're just not doing it right.

I do apologize for being late, but I'm going to blame the fact that I decided to "save time" and skip coffee this morning. I ended up behind schedule and yawning on everything I did all because my caffeine tank was about a quart low.

So in honor of the one thing that could have gotten me in back in high gear this morning, I've written you guys a little poem. Enjoy your weekends and don't do anything I wouldn't do!


Coffee, coffee, how I love thee,
Let me count the ways.

You start my mornings ever brightly
Despite the dismal days.

You give me strength to speak and smile
When I’d rather run away.

You turn monsters into people
In a cup or three a day

You fend off Armageddon
And keep it safe at bay.

But I thank you most of all
For the near impossible way

You help me cope with the masses
Whom otherwise I might flay.

3 comments:

Thanks for stopping by the House!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...