Friday, January 8, 2016

Identify the Body Part game

Aloha,

Thanks again to Liz, Tara and Ashley for having me here this week! I’m not used to guest posting on a Really Real Housewives blog, so I’ve been a little outside my comfort zone, but I’ve enjoyed myself, and speaking of fun, here’s a quick story for this Free-for-all Friday.

I was recently hanging with my youngest boy, (he just turned 4 last week) and he was busy playing the “identify the body part” game as we relaxed on a chair. (He’d touch my ears or eyes, say the name and move on to the next item…)

All was well until he rubbed my “Dad bod” belly. He turned to look up at me and I could see he was a bit worried.
“What’s up, buddy?”
“Papa?” (Belly rubbing continues...)
“Yes, son?”
“Papa, are you going to have your baby soon?”
And, to make matters even funnier, he stares at me for a second and then adds, “Papa, why do you have so many hairs up in your nose?”
Out of the mouths of babes….
Sigh.

Mark Koopmans was born and raised in Dublin, Ireland. In 1989, he spent the next several years working in Holland, Spain, France and England. In 1994, he won his U.S. "Green Card," and is an American by choice since 2003. Koopmans began his writing career that same year with a feature for a regional magazine in California. Since then, he's worked as a staff writer for newspapers in Florida and Texas. Koopmans is also a proficient blogger and is working on his next book. He lives in Virginia, and is "Papa" to three active boys under the age of nine. He writes at night.



A BIG ROUND of THANKS to Mark for starting our year off right! With great tips and laughter!

15 comments:

  1. That happened to my sister recently. She was not impressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't either - especially as I was already unconsciously sucking in my "Man-keg." :)

      Delete
  2. LOL!! My oldest son, when he was a small fry, was watching the sexy dancers on a rock video. He said, "Mommy, you look just like them." As I reveled in the compliment, he added, "Only your belly sticks out more and you're softer and squishier."

    Ahh, got to love them cause you can't send them back. Can you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, return policy is only for the first 30 days, which is exactly when they are the cutest :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Mark - oh those sorts of remarks make us laugh and we remember them as endearments!! How funny ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I had to laugh - because otherwise, I'd cry and that would have really worried the poor child :)

      Delete
  4. Your little boy is so funny!He'll give you lots of great memories and good things to write about someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, trust me, all three of my boys are simply hilarious :)

      Delete
  5. Ouch. Sometimes the social lie is a wonderful thing. Is four too soon to teach it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!! I guess not... must work on that next time one of *those* questions pops up :)

      Delete
  6. I knew it! You really are Mork from Ork.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is that where Mork came from, I didn't remember. Can we send him back? Out of the mouths..... When are you having your baby then?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Mork" goes back to when I called Alex anything but Alex for an extended amount of time... a few years ago:)

      Thanks to the gym, my baby is regenerating into a "Dad-bod." Thank you very much :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by the House!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...