|beach day - the other 2 went to a baseball game|
I just got back from our Florida vacation, and it was awesome! We had a very nice condo with plenty of space, a few quirks, but a terrific location. We went to the Theme Parks and the Beach with some down time to play games and rest. As vacations go, this was one of the great ones!
Some of the keys to a smooth vacation are Planning & Proper Packing
But I think the most important key is Flexibility!
Here are some Travel Tips:
- When you have a tentative schedule, it will help you plan what to pack.
- When flying, you don't want to over pack. If you can fit everything into a carry-on, you'll save the extra money for checking a bag, depending on your airline.
- Sometimes, we ship our stuff to the place we're staying. It depends on the cost.
- We love playing games, but with the tight packing for flying, it's hard to fit those clumsy boxes... so I get out my ziplock bags and cut the size of the games down by 75%!
Ziplock bags are the best! They're great for:
- packing lotions and shower items
- packing powders and sprays
- packing snacks
- keeping the phone dry at the beach or pool
- keeping credit cards or park tickets easy to find in a cluttered bag!
And when things don't go according to plan, or if it rains on a day you're supposed to go to the beach - have a backup plan, like going to the movies or playing games! Plans change, even on vacation. There's no point getting upset when things go wrong--we just have to deal with it and adjust!
Your vacation is as fun or stressful as you make it. Don't worry about the things you can't control - like the weather, nature, and personalities! Do you have any travel tips?
Hope you've had a great summer so far!