Monday, August 13, 2018

Easy Crafting 

I just got in from vacation. It's early AM and my plans to pre-schedule and post ahead of time like a responsible adult blogger was forgotten as soon as my toes hit the sand! So, here's a quick tip!l before I crawl off to bed. 

(What the post lacks in words, it makes up in one doggone good idea.) 

My niece just had a baby...a real beauty, by the way! While preparing the nursery, my niece couldn't find a light switch plate that matched the pink owls, so she painted her own.

 Now, my niece makes a pretty baby, but her crafting skills aren't much better than her aunt's. So, when she sent me pictures of Ellie's owl switch, I had to ask, "How the hell did you do that?!" 

A template! She bought stencils off of Amazon and painting became as elementary as coloring. 

Have a project you want to personalize and have two left hands when it comes to creative design? Buy a stencil, pencil it on, and paint. Viola! You're making art! 

DIY Decorative Aristic Templates Stencil for Painting on Walls Wood Furniture Scrapbooking Crafts. Check it out here!



4 comments:

  1. Hi Elizabeth - just glad you had a happy holiday without too much 'net' time. Love the idea of the owl ... such fun to see - while colouring can be easy and colourful ... delighted you shared it with us - welcome home! Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun idea from your niece. Glad you are home in one piece.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by the House!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...