- I get to see my family - Some people complain about seeing family. I'm one of the lucky ones I guess. I adore my parents and my sister who has a great family of her own. I really wish I could see them more than once a year, but this is usually it. We eat good food, catch up, play games, and laugh a lot! I love spending time with them!
- My house will be clean - Here cometh the great cleanse. To prepare for company, I does clean the house good. And decorate it up! Tiring, back-breaking, but worth it - and then I get to relax the whole time they're here.
- Parties - I love going to parties. I get to catch up with friends/neighbors I haven't talked to in ages because our lives have gone in different busy directions. The funny thing is, I hate getting ready for them. It seems like a waste of time I could be doing preparations and I don't want to go, then I do and have a great time. We need a relaxing break!
- Presents! - Make a list and you shouldn't be disappointed (don't show it if you are!). And sometimes there are happy surprises! But I mostly like seeing other people enjoy what I got for them. Better to give than receive, right?
- I will make some memories with my kids. - They grow up so darn fast. I'm almost the shortest person in my house! My oldest will be a senior next year, then poof, he'll be gone! Wah!! Hard to believe. So I try to enjoy the time I have with them.
Monday, December 14, 2015
Five Reasons to Love the Season!
I know December can be a big stress ball, but we must try to slow down and relax a little amidst the crazy, hectic preparations! Don't forget what it's all about. Here are my favorite things during Christmas season: