Monday, March 13, 2017

2017 FASHION: What's In and What's Out!

About a week ago, a friend posted on Facebook some major flashbacks I was having to the 90's with the whole small floral print dresses and shirts. I mean, come on, it's bad enough crushed velvet is back, but not the small floral print! I always DID wonder if it ever would.

So that had me wondering. What IS the new fashion right now and what ISN'T. Alas! A list of the top five IN and OUT for 2017. Let's first get rid of some crap, I mean...stuff.

1. Plain sneakers - well yeah, we aren't all going sailing today so...
2.Corset tops - sorry Kardashians...(not sorry)
3. Stretch skinny jeans - apparently a more vintage look is going to make waves
4. Lingerie inspired dresses - I mean...come on. Less is not always more.
5. 4-5" or more heels - apparently women now want comfort (imagine that!)



OK, now what exactly is IN!

1.Mule shoes - from low heels to high, strap/strapless (ok so this is the only '90s one reappearing, phew!)
2. Stripes - I'm so for this, but vertical. (horizontal = wide look)
3. Athletic inspired fashion - hate to say it but workout clothes are kinda in
4. Abstract prints - we all knew those yoga designs would eventually catch up to us
5. Fun sneakers - well yeah, I mean...hello? 


What do you think?? Agree / disagree? I'm all for the new change.

8 comments:

  1. Interesting. I've always thought that some women's shoes, especially very high heels, are a form of torture, similar to the way the Chinese wrapped rich women's feet to cripple them, all for fashion

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never cared much about what's "in" and what's "out." I wear what I like when I like, and as long as something still fits and hasn't fallen apart, I wear it. (I HATE to go clothes shopping!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree. Sometimes I see what's out and say well...i didn't even know it was IN. Lol

      Delete
  3. Never been much into fashion either, I think what I see younger women wearing now is pretty hideous so I wouldn't want to follow it. Mind you at my age I would look quite silly in some of the stuff I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pretty modest when it comes to dressing, too :)

      Delete
  4. I don't know what's in or out. I'm a classic.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I fell off the fashion bandwagon twenty years ago and never tried to get back on, but I do want to avoid being a "what-not-to-do".

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by the House!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...