|so long ago... miss those days!|
Well, I'm on vacation in Florida this week so I thought it would be a perfect time to give some summer vacay tips!
First, check out this post by Liz: Life's a Beach for some awesome sand aversion advice! Great minds think alike, as I have an essential, go-to packing list too (I love lists!) But my favorite is the Sheet Seat:
"I’m lazy. I hate lugging chairs and stuff to the beach. I throw a few sheets in my beach bag and I’m good to go. I can dig a “seat” in the sand, cover it with my sheet, and I’m comfy. Then when I’m ready to go- sand whips off a sheet much easier than a towel or blanket. No more gallons of sand going in the washer!"
Here are a few more beachy and vacationing tips...
- Apply sunblock before you get on the sand - then it won't stick as much, and you won't have to keep your kids from having fun as soon as you arrive. And don't forget the lip balm with SPF!
- I'm going to re-emphasize the importance of resealable bags:
- to keep stuff protected - phones, money, sunscreen, a book, snacks
- but also, to bring back souvenirs - shells, driftwood, even sand and critters!
- A golf umbrella is a saving respite if you've had too much sun - I need shade! And it's usually several degrees cooler, a good place to put phones and drinks.
- Freeze bottled waters the night before - when you're at the beach all day, they melt slower and stay cold longer.
- Don't forget your sunglasses:
- easily lost and broken, I suggest having a cheap, fun pair just for the beach
- but if you wear prescription specs like me, you're blind for the day with regular shades or get a headache with perma-squint. (I've tried the specs that shade in the sun - not a fan; they always looked dim, even inside!) So, I found these clip-on shades for my glasses. They're not too expensive, and they come in lots of sizes/styles (thank you, Walmart). I love them!
- Back at the "house" we love playing games, so we always bring some with us. And we even come up with a few of our own (look for an upcoming GAMES post!)
- Lastly, check out this video I found on Facebook with a bunch of easy, demonstrated beach tips. I especially love the Flip Flop Fix (with a pop can tab!) and the Frozen Aloe Sunburn Relief!
So, get out there and enjoy the blistering summer! Do you have any summer vacay or beach tips to share?