I'm going to be that grandma from Sixteen Candles, W/O the cigarette!
Here are my
Top Ten Reasons for Detesting Dealing with Dinner...
- The daily question, "What's for dinner?" with answer followed by a groan.
- The prep work - chopping, shredding, slicing, peeling, etc
- The recipe times for prep work are usually underestimated
- The splatter! I have an apron, but when I forget it, I inevitably stain one of my favorite shirts.
- The smell - great during, but it sticks with you for hours after and isn't as appetizing...
- Time to make = 30-40 min, Time to eat = 5-10 min, Time to clean up = 30-40 min
- At least one person has a complaint or suggestion on how to do it better
- The other annoying question, "Why can't we eat out?"
- No help, unless threatened
at gun pointto take away video game time
- Sometimes it's just not worth it.
Does anyone relate? It can be tough, but we still have to do it. So, being a problem-solver, here are some
Ways to Take the Agony out of Dinner:
- Turn on some tunes or put on a show
- Pre-cooked and pre-chopped ingredients
- Easier substitutions
- Add-ins for personalization and picky palettes
- It's healthier with fresh fruits and veggies we don't usually get eating out.
- As the kids get older, they actually do appreciate more, try more foods, and help more.
- Mostly, it reminds me of my mom and all the wonderful things she did for my sis and me growing up. She's the best!