Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Chicken CRUST Pizza

I had to double take at this recipe - I thought it was just for a yummy chicken topped pizza - NO! The chicken is the CRUST! Can't wait to try it! Thanks, SK! She'll take it from here...

So if you've followed me at all . . . you know I love pizza. 

Pizza is *almost* my spirit animal. 

(That spot goes to coffee, but that's a whole different post.)

The problem with pizza is, well, I'm allergic to carbs. As evidence by the swelling of my tummy and other parts of my body. Okay, okay, so it's called "gaining weight" but let's NOT get technical. I just merely try to brainwash myself into believing I'm severely allergic to carbs, is all. And yes, for the most part this "trick" works! :D


Anyway—as much as my lack of self control allows me—I tend to follow a low carb, high protein diet. And so . . . by the power invested in me by Google and Pinterest I've come up with an awesome Chicken Crust Recipe. I found it floating around and have tweaked it to my liking. And TRUST me when I say you have to try it! You just have to! It's EASY and DELICIOUS! Definitely perfect for those non-cheat days that you wanna 'pull one over' on yourself and pretend you're being bad. 


Ingredients:


  • 1 Pound of Ground Chicken
  • ¼ Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
  • ¼ Cup Parmesan Cheese
  • ¼ Teaspoon Black Pepper
  • 1 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning Blend (or just some Basil and Oregano)
  • Sauce and toppings of your choice. (I used Green and Red Peppers, Onion, Spinach, Sausage, Sauce and more cheese than they said, because I LOVE CHEESE!)
Instructions:
  1. Pre-heat the oven to 400°.
  2. Combine the ground chicken, cheeses and spices. Line your pizza pan or cookie sheet with parchment paper sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
  3. Place the ground chicken mixture onto the pizza pan. Flatten between the two pieces of parchment paper. I used the rolling-pin to get it nice and even, but it's not necessary. Remove the parchment/plastic wrap once done.
  4. Bake in the oven for 20 min or until the crust is golden. (I broiled a bit on both sides because I wanted some crunch).
  5. Place your sauce, toppings and cheese on the chicken crust then bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until the cheese and toppings are melted. 
  6. PLEASE wait until it's cool down a bit before you bite into it! You've been warned!


And there you have it! This is what it looks like ;)








S. K. Anthony is a writer, a reader and a make-stuff-up-er who lives in New York with her husband and toddler twins. She is a wine connoisseur, which just really means she knows she loves it, and a caffeine addict. When she isn’t busy with her family, she finds herself being transported into the world of imagination. Well, either that or running away from spiders . . . she is convinced they are out to get her!

17 comments:

  1. This sounds amazing! And seriously - pizza is totally my favorite food group and forms the bottom 3 layers of my food pyramid. I'm trying this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashley, you'll LOVE it!!!! Heck, go in for seconds (or thirds) guilt-free! It's filling though, so the thirds won't be necessary lol

      Delete
  2. Looks so good! I once saw on Pinterest a cauliflower crust. I have pros and cons on even the idea of it. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen that one too! I remember looking up how it's supposed to be done—seems like too much work for not a complete satisfied full feeling, ya know? But if you try it, you must tell me wassup with it! ;)

      Delete
    2. Me try it? Idk. I gotta really want to. Hahaha!

      Delete
    3. We had the cauliflower pizza crust there on our blog. My niece did a vlog post on it.

      I'm still partial to flour crust, but then I'm come to terms with my allergies (AKA fat belly, LOL)

      Delete
  3. As much as I love regular pizza crust, this really sounds like something I want to try. Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As much as I love regular pizza crust, this really sounds like something I want to try. Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my. Now this is something I really have to try! Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to know your thoughts on it if you do try it!!! ;)

      Delete
  6. I love chicken and cheese, sounds like a great treat!! Imagine that crust topped with alfredo and spinach?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG . . . Yesssssss! Okay, you've convinced me, I'm doing that this week. :D

      Delete
  7. Sounds good, passed it on to a friend who is on the Atkins Diet.
    Juneta @ Writer's Gambit

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds good, passed it on to a friend who is on the Atkins Diet.
    Juneta @ Writer's Gambit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, perfect! Your friend will LOVE it!!!!!! <3

      Delete
  9. I have been on a chicken kick lately so this works for me. I will have to try it out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by the House!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...