Don't act your age!
Attitude is everything. It takes you farther, lifts or dampens your mood, and affects those around you. If you act youthful, you will feel more youthful. Teaching, I feel younger all day! Until I glimpse myself in the mirror. Ugh. SKIN is where aging shows the most.
So for the physical helpful hints, I turn to medical professionals, online and in magazines... While I was in the airport waiting forever this January, I picked up one of my favorite magazines for healthy advice: PREVENTION. It was packed with great tips.
Here's what Dermatologists said in it about Anti-Aging (Jan 2019, by Michelle Crouch):
- Sunscreen is #1, a given
- Retinol, in creams, should be applied nightly. They said it "brightens skin tone, improves brown spots, and makes skin feel smoother."
- A Gentle Touch - I try to remind myself to do this when I clean my face at night--skin around the eye is the most sensitive. If you rub too hard, "it can stretch out your eyelid skin, causing wrinkles..."
- Simple Washcloths - handy tools for "light exfoliation"
- Soap-Free Body Wash - soap can be drying. It removes natural oils, like "detergent gets rid of the oil in a frying pan"
- Apply while Wet - after shower or cleansing, apply moisturizers "to seal in the water."
- Neck & Chest - don't forget about that skin! Include it in your skin care regimen.
- Take a Break - You should create good skin care habits, but also take a break for a few days, especially if your skin seems irritated.
- Eye Gels & Patches - try them in the morning after a late or sleepless night before putting on makeup to soften lines and diminish puffiness.
- Avoid: bright lights, loofahs, drinking out of a straw (huh!), a dirty pillowcase
- Glove Treatment - I do this in the winter when my hands get extremely dry: after soaking my hands, I apply vaseline (they said a rich hand cream works too) and wear vinyl gloves overnight--for feet, use socks.
In the same issue, I read that Cocoa can help slow down the signs of aging. I went out to buy some to try... I'll let you know how it works out!
There were more tips, but I will save them for another post.
So 2 best Anti-Aging Tips: Think Young and Take Care of Your Skin!
Good luck to us!