|loved having all the boys home!|
I'm at it again. And this is definitely NOT a New Year's Resolution. I don't want to make a cliche resolution to eat better, exercise more, and lose weight. I really want to make a life change. And if I keep trying, it's bound to stick one of these times, right?
I know I can do it. Over the summer, I stayed with my plan for a couple of months and lost 10 lbs. Then life exploded and my healthy eating diary got packed up with the rest of the house, soon followed by the holidays and family. Forget trying to get back to eating healthy with all that activity and stress. And that's why most people decide to wait and make changes when the holidays are over. The New Year is a good time to reset life.
So, here's the Plan that Works! for me:
- Write down all Calories
- Start with a Max of 1500 cal/day, then cut back more
- Fruit and Veggies are "Free" - I don't count those calories to encourage myself to eat more of them
- Drink more Water - I start with 16-20 oz/day and add more
- Creative Exercising - burn calories any way I can!
- Stand more at work
- Take stairs instead of elevators
- Park farther away at the store - especially if I need to shop at several stores: I park in the middle of the lot and walk around
- Master the stairs at home - I do 10 flights up and down when I can.
- Keep the house cleaner, or vacuum more... much as I hate to clean!
I'll post updates soon. And I wish you all luck with your resolutions or aspirations to improve!
Let's make 2019 a prosperous, positive year!