So here's what was working for me - keeping it simple and easy!
|finding the balance|
- SNACK RIGHT - I cut up fruits and veg into serving sizes and bag them. Easy to grab and munch on!
- ALSO... When buying snacks for the kids, don't buy stuff you like. Only get stuff they like so you won't be tempted.
- MEAL RIGHT - though it may conflict with your family, try several small "meals," -- this also helps keep you from snacking between. OR time meals so you can eat with your family, but eat small portions.
- WRITE IT DOWN - When you write down calories or other info about the food you're eating, you will eat less! And No Cheating!
- DRINK MORE - Water is the best, but any sugar-free drink will do. And if you feel hungry but you don't want to eat yet, have something to drink!
- WORK IT, GIRL! - Find a way to get in some extra steps. When I feel I need extra exercise, I go up and down my stairs 10 times or more. It burns so good!
Now, here are the Don'ts:
- Don't beat yourself up - making any lifestyle change is hard, especially the healthy kind. Try, try again!
- Don't expect quick results - the older we get, the longer it takes to see a change.
- Don't get discouraged - even if you don't see the results, you will feel them. You should be proud of yourself for doing it!
Got any advice or stories to share?
Thanks for stopping by!