Monday, June 25, 2018

Healthy Eating Tips - Do's & Don'ts

I am determined to lose some weight.

off-balance!
Unfortunately, I have to start over again since I went on a trip for two weeks! I wasn't terrible, but I was definitely side-tracked. Before I left, I had a good system going and felt better about myself. I even intended to keep it up while I was away, but I had to eat out too often. That's a killer for keeping track of healthy eating!

So here's what was working for me - keeping it simple and easy!

finding the balance
  • SNACK RIGHT - I cut up fruits and veg into serving sizes and bag them. Easy to grab and munch on!
  • ALSO... When buying snacks for the kids, don't buy stuff you like. Only get stuff they like so you won't be tempted.
  • MEAL RIGHT - though it may conflict with your family, try several small "meals," -- this also helps keep you from snacking between. OR time meals so you can eat with your family, but eat small portions.
  • WRITE IT DOWN - When you write down calories or other info about the food you're eating, you will eat less! And No Cheating!
  • DRINK MORE - Water is the best, but any sugar-free drink will do. And if you feel hungry but you don't want to eat yet, have something to drink!
  • WORK IT, GIRL! - Find a way to get in some extra steps. When I feel I need extra exercise, I go up and down my stairs 10 times or more. It burns so good!
Now, here are the Don'ts:
  • Don't beat yourself up - making any lifestyle change is hard, especially the healthy kind. Try, try again!
  • Don't expect quick results - the older we get, the longer it takes to see a change.
  • Don't get discouraged - even if you don't see the results, you will feel them. You should be proud of yourself for doing it!
Got any advice or stories to share?
Thanks for stopping by!



3 comments:

  1. Writing it down is excellent advice. I joined FitDay.com where you can track everything you put in your mouth. I found them very helpful. They helped me lose 50 lbs in 2013 and every time I feel I need to, I go back and write it all down again. Plus I go bowling and do gentle exercise classes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not beating myself up is the toughest part. I'll slip up and think the day is blown and eat way more than I ever would normally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your honesty. I'm trying to lose weight too and my weakness is potatoes and sugar. I've cut down on sugar, but I love my potatoes.

    I like how you said "don't beat yourself up." Because that is exactly what I do, and have done in the past. I hope you are successful and you lose the weight you are aiming for.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by the House!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...