Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Wonders of Water


Water really is wonderful.

It's cheap.

It's easy.

It's essential.

The only thing more important to survival is oxygen.

When the body is dehydrated, it often confuses thirst with hunger causing people to over eat. A dehydrated body is also more prone to muscle pain, fatigue, head aches, depression, constipation, wrinkles. and illness.

A well-hydrated body is like a well-oiled machine. The water circulates all the organs and muscles detoxing the body. If the body is running short on fluids, the detox cycle suffers. Just like a car that's short on oil, the body's systems will function at a lower level. The muscles and brain will ache. The body will feel sluggish and slow, leading to feeling blah which can lead to depression. Even the eyes, when lacking proper hydration, will burn and feel fatigued.

Keeping the body tissue supple causes the skin to be smoother, younger looking. And it also keeps the mucus membranes more pliable and resistant to germs. Not to mention it keeps the bowels moving, which possibly cuts down on the risk of colon cancer.

There really are no arguments against drinking water...unless you're planning to drink it from a puddle.

So come on! Drink some water!!!

*If you find the flavor boring, add some lemon. Or lime. I've often heard people like it with cucumber, but I've never tried that.

*Want to save some money? When eating at a restaurant, order water with your dinner. It will save you at least $2.00 per diner.

*Carry your own water bottle and fill it with tap water. When it's time to clean it, soak it in vinegar water over night.

Most places recommend shooting for eight, eight ounce glasses per day. To make sure I stay hydrated, I used to keep eight pennies in my kitchen window and move them from one side to another. It always amazes me how much better I feel when I drink my water.



2 comments:

  1. Everything you eat or drink contains water. I certainly do not drink 8 glasses of water a day but I do drink a lot of liquids (decaf coffee) every day. As for being cheap, I think some of the prices charged for water are ridiculous. It's more expensive than gas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's on my need to do more of list drink water!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by the House!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...