Welcome to C day!
As we CONTINUE our A to Z journey through the house, I bet you were expecting some cleaning tips, eh? Well, we give cleaning tips throughout the year, so I chose to talk about CLOSETS.
CLOTHES closets, foyer closets, storage closets, linen closets! No matter which closet you open, it's probably overflowing with CLUTTER!
Well, here are my tips for Clearing your Closets!
- PURGE! It may take a whole day, but it must be done. We usually clean out the clothes closets twice a year - Spring and Fall. This helps us get rid of outgrown clothes and see what we need to shop for!
- During the year, I tell my kids to throw stuff they don't wear anymore onto the TOP SHELF. This helps with the purge process and is a good indicator of when it's time to donate!
- The KIDS MUST HELP! Not only do they identify toys and things to purge, they could use the experience! (Small blessing to a future spouse!)
- Invest in HOOKS, SHELVES, and BINS, then messy closets look a little neater between purges.
- And a couple of extra little organizational tidbits for Mom's Closet:
- I keep my CLOTHES COLOR COORDINATED. It helps me when I'm choosing outfits.
- In addition to the purge, I switch seasonal clothes with unseasonal items in a spare closet (my youngest doesn't use half his closet space)
- My Rule for Removal is if I haven't worn it in 2 years. Yours might be shorter...
Well, with spring sneaking in, I think it's time for a purge! Happy Closet Cleaning!
And be sure to visit some of the other A to Z ers!